Thanks for the reference Jason.
The Journal of Vascular Technology is not easily available.

I got a copy of the article from Marla Paun.
I've posted it on my web site.

http://faculty.washington.edu/kwbeach/ScissonsVelAngJVT.pdf

I've also posted 4 pages from the book
Duplex Scanning in Vascular Disorders -- by D. Eugene, Jr. Strandness

http://faculty.washington.edu/kwbeach/strandness4pgs.pdf

If posting this material is violation of copyright rather than fair
academic use, please let me know and I'll remove them from the web site.

Kirk