Echoing one of Doug Marcus' points:

We recently had a poor patient who had received a screening from Life
Line that said she had a significant problem and needed to have a full
study done (carotid). Since she had no insurance, she had to save and
borrow money to have the duplex done. It was essentially normal.

So... I think it can be as great a disservice to overcall a study as it
is to miss a stenosis. Both situations create unnecessary stress and
expense.

John Logan RVT
Technical Director
Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory
Johns Hopkins Bayview Med Ctr
410-550-6608

The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended
to be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended
distribution or copy of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, notify the sender by e-mail and
delete all copies from your system.