Here I am again, the traveling sonographer.  We are trying to squeeze our ER to use some kind of diagnostic criteria (really any kind) before ordering DVT studies.  We finally have the radiologist behind us but I offered to come up with something.  I have heard mentioned the Wells Scoring?? but can't find it on the web.  Could one of you or a bunch of you please let me know what that is, how it would be graded and an idea of a worksheet.  I could also use a bit more info about the Lovenox protocol and how that works.  The argument they have against it always comes back to $$$, risk and non compliant patient.  I don't know enough details to argue successfully for it or to know when to back away quietly.  Thanks so much for the input and if it works I owe all of the respondents brownies!!   Elizabeth