From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dawn
Stirrat
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 5:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: HELP

Hi all resident gurus.

 I need a favor, rather a question answered for me.  When doing your
doppler recordings, is the sample volume to be placed in the center of
the stream, parallel to the vessel wall at 60 degrees or is it center of
the flow jet (highest velocity recorded) parallel to the flow channel
regardless of the angle?  I know what I was taught and it seems there
are varying opinions out there.  We are running about 2-2 in my lab
right now.  My textbooks are all from the late 90's but i need to be
able to bring back all information to the doctor in question, so if you
could also provide references it would be much appreciated.

TIA,

Dawn