I have done both and I have to vote for CW doppler.  There are certainly challenges associated with both, but we have had very good success following vasospasm patients in the last few years with the CW approach.  As far as units go, there is a system called RiMed that looks like it has everything needed and a very compact design.  I have not actually seen one yet but have looked at the web site and some literature and plan to demo it in the future.  The contact for it is Paul Nelson at Axiom medical (800-921-9782).
just my $.02 worth.

Bill Beymer BS, RVT, RDMS
Section Manager
Diagnostic Imaging
260.373.4704 (office)
260.373.4724 (Fax)

>>> [log in to unmask] 3/21/06 13:41:17 >>>

For those of you who perform TCD testing, what is the consensus… duplex or continuous wave doppler?  If duplex, can you recommend a unit?  Thank you.

Shelly Burns LPN, RVT

Manager Vascular Services

Summa Health System

ph 330-375-3288