At daybreak this morning, being the 15th of March, I was delighted, but not
surprised to have our first Red-winged Blackbirds of the spring in a mass
flock singing away from the tops of a cluster of pines by the house.  Over
the last 30 years at our house on the southern end of Snake Mtn. in
Cornwall, most every year (about every 4 out of 5 years) a flock of 30-50
Red-winged Blackbird males makes its first appearance on the 15th.  They
were, of course, greeted with appreciation ..... and a blanket of new snow!

Ian