Sounds like the habitat is correct. Here is a link that might help you:
http://www.wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/urban/nestboxes.htm

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mundi Smithers
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VTBIRD] Kestrals

I am hoping that someone on this list will be able to give some advice.
 Since moving to this farm several years ago I have been looking for
Kestrals  to no avail.  It seems to me that the habitat is perfect......
lots of open fields.  Probably 20+ acres.  I have thought of putting up
a Kestral house but considering the trouble it would be to put one up
I'd like to be a bit more sure that my habitat is right.  Can anyone
give me some habitat guidance?

So, if my habitat is Kestral friendly does anyone have plans for a
Kestral house?  The only one I know of is mounted on a telephone pole in
the meadow behind Berkshire Community College in Pittsfield, MA.
 Quite frankly the thought of rounding up a telephone pole and then
trying to put it up is a bit daunting.  Plus,  having it up so high
would make it near impossible to clean.

There must be a better way!!

Mundi
Pownal