Staying the course...6-12" with up to 18" possible across the spine.  QPF
has been fairly consistent and BTV's discussion about warm/mild/stable air
being wrapped into the region is valid.  However, while we may not see the
explosive snowfall rates of some upslope events, duration is on our side
and so are upper level dynamics.

12z RUC brings snow into northern NY and northern VT around 4pm this
afternoon in what looks like a band of snow showers and squalls to begin
with.  Snow will likely be more widespread tonight across the north country
with some accumulation likely on the VT side of the Champlain Valley due to
Champlain Valley convergence and lake enhancment.  Still feel northern
Addison County (Sugarbush and Mad River Glen) will need to be watched for
enhancment from Lake Champlain in the beginning of the event before airmass
modifies.  12km ETA shows higher moisture values off the lake into that
region.

Tonight snow is heavy at times across the Adirondacks and Green Mountains.
It will come in pulses depending on meso-scale wind maximums and 500mb
energy.  Jet energy looks very favorable in the front left quad producing
ample upper level divergence tonight.  850mb frontogensis is strong along
the Green Mountain spine overnight and even through the day tomorrow.  I
think while it might not come down exceptionally hard, 1"/hr rates are
likely at times and models keep favorable conditions for upslope snow
lasting through even Sunday in the northern Greens.  It might not stop
snowing at Jay Peak till sometime on Monday as the upper level low is cut
off and not going anywhere soon.  All depends on how much maritime moisture
can be wrapped into the system and how long it can sustain itself.

Pay attention to the wind.  At Stowe, Gondola and Quad are on wind hold
with only the triple getting you part way up Mansfield (looks like all high
speed lifts are open on Spruce and I've heard that this year they've been
able to keep those lifts running even during high wind
events)...Sugarbush's report says 2 of 16 lifts are open with only the
Sunkid and Welcome Mat open whatever they are.  Jay's report says 8 of 8
lifts open with relatively light winds which I find interesting with a
60mph low level jet.  MRG and Smuggs look in full lift operation which says
something about fixed grip chairs...

I have a feeling the high speed lifts at SB/Stowe(Mansfield but Spruce
might be fine)/Jay might not turn till Sunday so plan accordingly.

-Scott