On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:00:01 -0500, Wesley's Ski Hut <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>557 PM EST FRI MAR 03 2006
>STATION            PRECIP   TEMPERATURE   PRESENT         SNOW
>                   24 HRS   MAX MIN CUR   WEATHER     NEW TOTAL SWE
>MOUNT MANSFIELD     0.30    12  -9  -2                3.5  67
>...NEW YORK...

Holy sh*t.  Might not sound important but 3.5" of new snow falling and the
snow probably didn't start till 2pm, or was only flurries all
day...considering maybe an inch fell last night, and that probably settled
down to a half inch or so.  I was expecting nothing at the stake but
that's like giving a 3-4" head start overnight.

Game on.  Winds are out of the NW up to 5,000ft (40kts at 4,000ft on VAD
so that's what, 40-50mph sustained right now at the summits), and out of
the north between 6-14K feet.  Getting some minor channeling through the
Champlain Valley now, need the upper level winds to swing ever so slightly
back to the west, and they will overnight.

-Scott

-Scott