Bar none the deepest powder I have ever skied, ever, ever.  East or West.
Words cannot describe the quality and quantity of the fresh snow that fell
on Mount Mansfield last night and throughout the day.  It snowed all day
and will keep snowing in some form or another overnight.

The Quad and Gondi were down all day.  I like it that way, it means the
powder can't get tracked out.  With the double open occasionally through
the morning into the early afternoon (closed more than open, however) we
were able to get high up on the mountain and then hike for 10 minutes to
the Octagon.  From there, it was deep.  Incredibly deep.  I'm not talking
inches, I'm screaming feet.  Likely 20-30" on top of a 5 foot base on the
top third of the mountain.

I am 6'2" and wasn't hitting bottom at times.  Dave is 6' tall.  We aren't
short people.

I hope you brought your snorkel.

http://tinyurl.com/fcrus

http://tinyurl.com/gegbn
http://tinyurl.com/ze4rh
http://tinyurl.com/gwo53

The mountain would try to swallow you.  Its hard to make turns and not
feel the bottom until the snow is up to your chest.

http://tinyurl.com/l6arg

http://tinyurl.com/zkhfa
http://tinyurl.com/jv9ps
http://tinyurl.com/krflt

Check out this video clip in the Goatdive woods...
http://tinyurl.com/kk5v4

http://tinyurl.com/gvr24
http://tinyurl.com/gh7kk

http://tinyurl.com/h63pt
http://tinyurl.com/gohbc
http://tinyurl.com/gxrx5
http://tinyurl.com/enymk

http://tinyurl.com/efovs

Video Clip of Dave dropping a rapidly shrinking icefall:
http://tinyurl.com/h49jv

Landings were deep today.

Dave in a Bypass Chute:
http://tinyurl.com/k7dmz