	I am amazed that anybody was able to hit an all time high in ski
days this season (without heading west).

	  Due to the forecast and hubby doing his civic duty at town
meeting, I decided to visit Spruce and finally try the "new" Main
Street and the Big Spruce replacement lift.   What a perfect day for
that.   Not quite total spring skiing, but almost.  Wanted to get to
Spruce "just incase" things go downhiill fast.

	Views from that trail are spectacular.  For what management is
billing as "family" mellow or whatever, Main Street struck me as
having more than a bit more pitch than the Gondola runs.  That said
it was groomed to perfection and had a wide western feel to it, along
with various tree island splits to keep it interesting.    I doubt
that au natural Sterling will survive another thaw/rain cycle.  It
was a bit thin in spots.

	Bumped into some people I know and had some pleasant runs on the
narrower lower original "natural" Spruce trails which are less sun
exposed and doing fine compared to Sterling.   I hear they may put
snowmaking on Sterling.  I have mixed feelings about that, but can
understand why this might happen, esp after a season like this one
has been.  It will probably mean widening the trail -- YUK.

	 Sunday at MRG was nice too, but the cold winds were not nice and
the trail scour wasn't nice either.  Oddly, skiing at MRG the first
time before the recent big snowfalls actually seemed to feature
better snow, esp at Birdland.   It was far less crowded too.  Boy did
the weather and recent snow bring out the mobs!!   A totally
different place.

Carol
=======