The plows have been by at least three times today and my driveway needs shoveling again.  It hasn't stopped snowing all day and still is.  We are making progress.   Jimski

Sharon Lives <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The Lake Effect machine is crankin right now, only the snow is falling
where it will do no good. Over a foot in some places. The measurements
below are from this morning and were getting close to a foot. The snow is
still falling and there are warnings through tmrw morning. I keep checking
the ski areas in the Adks and VT in the radar, but they do not seem to be
getting much of this snow.

Song Mountain is getting snow, but they are not open until saturday.
Hmmmm, may be a good place to go earn some turns.

Just north of Rome they got 11 inches measured at 7am, so I think by now !
they should have well over a foot, and who knows, maybe 2 feet the way it
looks over there.

Here's the report
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 24
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region.
Appreciation is extended to Highway departments... cooperative
observers... Skywarn spotters and media for these reports. This
summary is also available on our home Page at
weather.Gov/Binghamton

**********************12 hour snowfall**********************

Location 12 hour time/date comments
snowfall of
(inches) measurement

New York

... Madison County...
Lakeport 6.0 700 am 3/15
Fenner 3.0 700 am 3/15

... Steuben County...
Avoca 4.0 604 am 3/15

**********************24 hour snowfall**********************

Location 24 hour time/date comments
snowfall of
(inches) measurement

New York

... Madison County...
oneida_3 6.0 900 am 3/15

... Oneida County...
point_rock 11.5 700 am 3/15
stokes_hill 11.0 700 am 3/15
Westernville 10.5 1015 am 3/15
Rome 10.0 1215 PM 3/15
holland_patent 8.5 700 am 3/15
holland_patent 8.0 700 am 3/15

Yahoo! Mail
Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.