On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:32:27 -0500, Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:16:17 -0500, Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>I also have a hard time believing with widespread 5-6" amounts in
>>the 'Dacks and locally up to 12" with widespread snow showers/squalls
>>continuing that neither Gore nor Whiteface have seen any accumulation.
>>

>Sorry, should've put this in the post.
>
>Whiteface had 6" as of this morning on their snow report.
>Gore had 3" as of this morning on their snow report.
>
>Couple those numbers with constant orographically driven snowfall and both
>are probably in the 6-10" range now.
>
>Now, can't say its actually on the trails, but when does Whiteface's (or
>Gore's) snowfall actually stick to the trails?

At least it's something. It won't be a bad as it would have been if we
didn't get this upslope/lake effect event.

I'm going up to Whiteface for social reasons...skiing just happens to be
part of the activity. We aren't expecting great conditions, so whatever it
is, it will be fun no matter and there will be plenty of other stuff to do
and lots of good live music all weekedn for Snoedown.

Most of the posts today are pretty depressing. The only thing that can pull
us out is a really big noreaster. I suppose it isn't out of the question,
but it is tough to get hopes up for any big snow events this season,
especially when time is ticking into the next season.

-Sh