**PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**

To: The University of Vermont Community
From: The Student Labor Action Project

April 10, 2006

	Early this morning a collective of concerned students attempted to
enter the president?s wing to further discuss the policy proposal
presented last week. The students were denied access by President
Daniel Mark Fogel?s Chief of Staff Gary Derr. Prior to this, a meeting
set up on Friday April 7th was cancelled by the administration. The
University has continued to stall negotiations on the issues of workers
rights including livable wages, freedom to organize, and responsible
contractor agreements. These are issues of basic social justice and
human rights that need to be taken seriously by the administration. The
health of our environment begins with the health of our community.
There are workers on the UVM campus that still, after many years of
working here, continue to not earn enough to support themselves or
their families. The students call on the administration to adhere to
the UVM Common Ground and challenge injustice that continues on this
campus. The students have not received any positive signs on their
attempts to negotiate. They will continue in their efforts to discuss
these important matters. Join the students for a rally on Tuesday,
April 11 at noon on the green.

uvmslap.wordpress.com