Jack,

I agree the 5000  may not be the system for portables, etc.  But the latest software on the 5000 fixed the "lag-time" between key controls. In all honesty, I have used both a lot (5000 more than the HD-11) but have not had the pleasure of comparing them side-by-side as you have.  I think the bottom line is that they are both excellent choices of slightly different generations.  If there are no budget constraints, I would opt for the HD-11 also.  If $$ is a deciding factor, I would opt for the 5000 to save a considerable amount since the 5000 is DICOM compat. etc.

Doug

Doug Marcum BA,RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS)
Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
Elite Solutions for Diagnostics ,Vein Therapy, and On-Site Education
Orlando, FL
321.231.2191