We have had our Zonare since December and are more than pleased with its
images.
The trackball is still to slow but we are able to work around that. It is
our second scanner
and was bought primarily to use in our office for varicose vein ablations
and has been most
excellent. The initial venous insuffiency duplex is done on either the
Acuson Aspen (our old workhorse)
or the Zonare but, the mapping is done on the Zonare since it is the one
used during the procedure.
We do a very detailed vein mapping the day before the CTEV procedure. The
surgeon
that will be performing the procedure will check the marks, make plans to
do other procedures at the
same time (ie: stab extraction of large tributary) to effectively utilize
the time the patient is sedated and
explains the extent of the procedure to the patient. This has worked very
well for us and the patients are
really pleased with the results.
Diane Seagroves RVT
Olympic Vascular and Vein Center