I thought this thread was about ACUTE DVT without additional history of filter.

If the patient has a filter then that should have been discovered during the history part of the exam.

If the patients being discussed are chronic patients with filters then that is another story and the original poster should have given all pertinent facts. Patients with filters are treated differently than new diagnosis acute DVT.

Audrey Fleming RDMS, RVS