I don’t know about acoustical properties, but if you are just looking for materials to experiment with, what about the ballistics gel that law enforcement agencies use to test effectiveness of different weapons/projectiles?  It should be available as a popular TV show uses it quite a bit in their experiments.

Just an idea.  Have a good weekend all.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Terry Case
Sent:
Friday, April 28, 2006 6:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Advice

Hi;

I am trying to help an engineer with a specific question and wondering if anyone out there has experience with this. Kirk?

Terry Case

Objective:  I am looking for a clear transparent rigid material, such as acrylic or polycarbonate, that has the echogenicity / attenuation properties of living tissue (i.e. muscle impedance 1.71 x 10^6 kg/m^2/s).   Currently, my experience with in-vitro vascular models made from acrylic have had very poor echogenic images (scattering and absorption).

Looking forward to your response.

Brett Naglreiter
Vice President of Research and Development
VeinRx Inc.

Terrence D. Case MEd, RVT

Assistant Professor, Program Director

Vascular Sonography Program