As others have noted, it is difficult to set up scheduled classes
because of a history of poor turnout, and the need for "just in time"
learning. Those librarians who are technologically minded might be
interested in this web presentation:

http://www.higheredblogcon.com/index.php/giving-the-students-what-they-want-short-to-the-point-e-lectures/

The presenter is a community college chemistry professor, who
promotes "screencasting" (versus podcasting). Screencasts contain
"slides, onscreen examples, and an audio track covering the core
lecture material." He uses Camtasia (commercial software) to create
his screencasts. I could easily see such screencasts put together for
searching PubMed, MD Consult, and many other databases. By creating a
screencast, there is no need to repeat the tutorial on demand, in
person or on the telephone, and it is available 24/7.

This presentation is part of a month-long "Higher Ed Blog Con."
Medlib-l users may want to visit the site during April 10-14, when
library and information resources are highlighted:

http://www.higheredblogcon.com/index.php/library-information-resources/

Mark

--
Mark Funk
Head, Collection Development

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know
nothing about.