We started a similar program last year at Bronson Methodist Hospital.
We purchased a wireless notebook and scheduled times on two nursing
units as a pilot project.  We were available at different times on all
shifts and worked with one or two nurses and support staff at a time.
We used the notebook to show staff how to access the Bronson Library
page on the hospital's intranet, showed how to access the full text
resources, did a small demonstration of PubMed and MedlinePlus.  Every
staff person we worked with received a Bronson Buck (a card they could
redeem for food and beverages in our cafeteria).  We reached our goal of
meeting with 86% of the staff on the units.  We hae changed the project
a little this year but are continuing to make ourselves visible on the
units.
Marge Kar

Marge Kars, AHIP, Manager
Bronson Health Sciences Library, HealthAnswers,
Bronson Referral and Information Center
Bronson Methodist Hospital
601 John Street Box B
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
269 341 8627
Fax 269 341 8828
Cell 269 806 2991
Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not
destroy all copies of the original message. s
>>> Cam Gentry <[log in to unmask]> 4/4/2006 11:20 AM >>>

We are working on a similar project which combines old and new
technologies. We are hoping to trial run soon, a project whereby we
visit the nursing floors with a book truck with books for check-out
and
a wireless pc to do check-out, instruction and research  with while we
are on the floors. Sort of a 'Librarian Is In' visit.

Camillia A. Gentry, MLS
Medical Librarian
Via Christi Libraries
St. Joseph Campus