Today is my 30th anniversary as a medical librarian.  I started my first
medical librarian job at the Kaiser Oakland  Patient Education Library on
April 6, 1976 and have worked consistently in medical libraries since that
time.  It has been my good fortune to have had wonderful jobs including
creating two libraries from the beginning - the Planetree Health Resource
Center in San Francisco and now this library, Touro University - California.
The longest time was spent at St. Mary's Medical Center in San Francisco.
Over the years,  I have dealt with every type of library patron including
those who could only sign their name with an X  and some of  the top doctors
in the country.   I am also proud that my sister, Stephanie Publicker, chose
to become a medical librarian and works for the Specialized Information
Services Division of NLM.

Some days I think I should do a Johnny Carson (he left the Tonight Show
after 30 years because he thought that was long enough), but I still think
there are more things to learn and good years ahead.  I am curious how many
other medical librarians have worked consistently in medical libraries for
at least 30 years.

Rochelle A.  Perrine, M.L.S.
Director, Library Services/Professor
Touro University California