Well put, Dalia!

I believe that in-person, JIT, one-on-one instruction in a time of
"information" need is better retained.   Teaching/troubleshooting over
the phone is in-person, and at the user's convenience.  It works well
and is not only appreciated for the instruction, but in time saved which
is key in everyone's life today. I also do the quick & dirty,
demonstrating the fundamentals, send staff away to test their skills,
instruct to come back for more and/or call when having trouble.  I try
to follow up with staff and offer additional tips (1 or 2 @ a time) for
the new users .  Physicians want individual and JIT instruction, or I
set up an appointment with them, as I teach them the clinical
applications for the EMR also; much can be accomplished in 15 minutes or
less.  I sometimes round early and late (physician rounding times) in
the units for clinical, instructional, marketing new applications and
troubleshooting purposes.

I consider it all instruction toward the end point in providing
improved patient care.

Sandy

This e-mail message is confidential, intended only for the named
recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged.  If
you have received this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender at the number listed
below and delete this e-mail message from your computer.  Thank you.

Sandra E. Decker
MBMC Medical Library
BJC HealthCare
3015 North Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131

cell phone: 575-5176
office phone 314.996.4636

Medical Library phones: 314.996.5531 / 314.996.5312
Medical Library fax: 314.996.5031