I recently asked for recommendations to catalog a library of 200 titles
by a nonprofessional.  I had several responses, and they ranged from $40
to $400 resources:

        Access-free if on your hospital's system;  unsure if compatible
with bar coding (1 response)

        Book Collector (collectorz.com)--$40 for a single station, $100
for scanner,... (1)

        Internet Library for Librarians (
http://www.itcompany.com/inforetriever/soft_cat.htm)  -web site

offers cataloging and other software for librarians.

        Library Thing (librarything.com)-First 200 books are free, then
a $25 life-time fee (2)

        MARCIVE--$0.37 per record  and add a different location for her
holdings(1)

        Professional Software-Well-liked but has a steep learning curve
(1)

        Resource Mate--$395 with bar coding plus an annual fee (2

        CyberTools-We will offer her the option of adding her collection
to our catalog.  We could work

 out the pricing and cataloging issues between departments and with
CyberTools as

the company is very helpful.

Thanks go to Maryanne, Mari, Peg, Gabriele, Gayle, Vicki, Kitty, and
Nancy.  You've all given me variety of choices to offer the Cancer
Center.

Paula Whannell, RN, MA

Health Sciences Librarian

Health Sciences Library

Iowa Health--Des Moines

1200 Pleasant Street

Des Moines, IA  50309

This message and accompanying documents are covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.  2510-2521,
and contain information intended for the specified individual(s) only.
This information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient
or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action
based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.