Marketing definitions by example:

The Buzzword in today's business world is "MARKETING."

However, people often ask for a simple explanation of "Marketing." Well,
here it  is:

You're a Woman and you see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him
and say, "I'm fantastic in bed."

     That's Direct Marketing.

You're at a party  with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One
of your friends goes up to him  and pointing at you says, "She's
fantastic in bed."

   That's Advertising.

You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his
telephone number. The next day you  call and say, "Hi, I'm fantastic in
bed."

      That's Telemarketing.

You see a guy at a party and you straighten your dress. You walk up to
him and pour him a drink. You say, "May I?" and reach up to straighten
his tie, brushing your breast lightly against his arm, and then say, "By
the way, I'm fantastic in  bed."

      That's Public Relations.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy He walks up to you and says, "I
hear you're fantastic in bed."

      That's Brand  Recognition.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He fancies you, but you talk
him into going home with your friend.

      That's a Sales Rep.

Your friend can't satisfy him so he calls you.

      That's Tech Support.

You're on your way to a party when you realize that there could be
handsome men in all these houses you're passing. So you climb onto the
roof of one situated towards the  center and shout at the top of your
lungs, "I'm fantastic in bed!"

      That's Junk Mail.

You are at a party, this well-built man walks up to you and gropes your
breast and grabs your  ass.

      That's the Governor of California.

You like it, but 20 years later your attorney decides you were offended.

      That's  America.

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.