This has been a wonderful (and timely) discussion.  I would like to continue this discussion locally on my local associations blog (http://www.mdmlg.org) by summarizing the original query and subsequent discussion and I would like permission from the participants in the discussion before doing so.  If you have responded to this query please let me know if a) I can quote you or paraphrase any of your responses and b) I post your name?
Thanks.

Alexia D. Estabrook, MSLS, AHIP
Information Services Librarian
Helen L. DeRoy Medical Library
Providence Hospital

Direct: 248-849-3277
Main: 248-849-3294
Fax: 248-849-3201

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any accompanying data are confidential, and intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that the dissemination, distribution, and or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the email address above, delete this email from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately.