I knew crowds would be non existent when I pulled right into the garage
parking.however, there was a big demo day from various manufacturer
reps.brisk wind on top.variable conditions was the word of the day. a trail
could have slush,hardpack,blue ice,heavy "powder" . the mountain has taken
a beating for this early in april but there was good coverage on the open
terrain.

             B_C_Nelson
             <nelsonstowe@FAST
             MAIL.FM>                                                   To
             Sent by: Vermont          [log in to unmask]
             Skiing Discussion                                          cc
             and Snow Reports
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [SKIVT-L] Stowe 3/30

             03/31/2006 06:08
             PM

             Please respond to
              Vermont Skiing
              Discussion and
               Snow Reports
                   .EDU>

Ah yes, the lower 500 ft..  "Push piles" is a good word to describe
the bottom areas.  There is so much snow in places it really makes
dense very unpleasant piles indeed.

Monday was quite good, but Tuesday trashed my legs pretty quickly at
bottom.
The upper mountain is terrific - Mansfield & Gondi sides.

Call me a whose, but with the warm/wet forecast I have ended my season.
Of course I heard this morning featured corn on Gondolier and it was
fabulous...sigh.

Have also heard bumps are lotso fun now.  Not my thing but sounded
like fun compared to usual.
The bottom of Perry Merrill is developing dirt spots, Toll House is
gone.
Spruce is sort of hanging in there and Main Street looks quite good.
Gondolier was still looking good despite the sun exposure it gets.
Spruce closes next Sunday 9th and the old lodge will finally be torn
down soon after.
Midway Lodge only open weekends.  Triple not running, but that's no
loss.

Whoa did it get WARM today, or what?   More like May - as if we shot
a month ahead weather wise.
I'm thinking boat prep and bike rides now.

Happy Spring skiing everybody.  Get it while you can.

Carol