I doubt any Partee excursions will require skins. I can think of one place they might come in handy, but they're probably overkill.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is some hiking throughout the day. Small pack might not be a bad idea.

From: Sharon Lives <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Partee quiver question

I'd like to know if there will be much hiking and if I should show up with
a pack and skins, or just leave'm in the car until later or sunday. Scott?
Anyone?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:29:28 -0400, T O S  wrote:

>I am getting pretty psyched to meet and ski with everyone.
>So what are people bringing for skis? GS, fat, rock, snow blades. . .?
>How many pairs are you bringing?

John,

Expect to ski in places you might not expect. These guys go anywhere and
everywhere regardless of conditions. I'd say generally the fatter the
better. My first year I was on the ole reliable X-Screams but I found on
rotten snow and sloppy conditions they were a liability and seriously kept
me at the back of the pack. Then I saw the light and got myself a pair of
Pocket Rockets (122/90/115) and mounted AT binding on them. Best ski
purchase to date. I will likely be on those, unless conditions are more
winter-like and firm...the Volkl 724s are short (163) and go anywhere (115-
77-104). Both pairs have become rock skis this year. Both are already in
Rocket Box. -Sh