-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ann Ferrari
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 9:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CHAT: Literary figures in Medline

I'm currently putting together a training session for our pharmacy
students
regarding Medline searching, and I thought it might be fun to list a few

searches regarding literary figures that can be found on Medline.

A few that I've come up with already include Harry Potter (there is an
article on "Hogwarts headache" in children -- from reading Harry Potter
without taking enough breaks), and also Alice in Wonderland Syndrome (a
neurologic syndrome involving distorted body images).

I also found one a while back on Tiny Tim (from A Christmas Carol) --
there
are medical articles on the real Tiny Tim and what caused his condition.

Does anyone else have any other examples of literary references in
medicine?

Thx,

Ann Ferrari
Behan Health Science Library
Jefferson Regional Medical Center
Pgh, PA
This E-mail and any of its attachments contain St. John's Hospital proprietary information,
which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to St. John's Hospital.
This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and destroy any copy of this
E-mail and any printout.