I have just been informed that the phalaropes are still present.  As I pressed
the 'send' button on my first draft a little prematurely I thought I should
resend with corrected spellings and 1 or 2 additional comments.

A Red Phalarope and Red-necked Phalarope together on small Oxbow Lake.  Seen
Sunday morning and today, Tuesday.  Reported first by Jeff (or Geoff) McQueen to
Bill Shepard.  Bill
phoned me.  Rebecca Pfeiffer, my wife and I met Bill and family at location
around 10.30 am Sunday morning.  We had fabulous views.  Both birds are females
and in full breeding plumage.  Great
comparisons as they were side by side most of the time. This is a terrific
opportunity to see both of these species together.

Location:  Bailey's Eddy, Newbury, VT.  Site Number two on CT River Birding
Trail map.  On route 5,  4.7 miles north of the Oxbow High School in Bradford.
0.9 miles south of the Newbury-Haverhill Bridge Road. There is an unsigned
access road to east side of route 5.  There is a farm gate that marks the
entrance to the property.  Park outside the gate, please do not block the
access.  Parking is very limited.  It is very easy to miss this entrance.  There
is a break in the tree line and a track that drops down quickly to the right
(when heading north).  Once off the road there is a birding trail notice next to
the car parking area.  I would say there is room for three, maybe four cars
only.

John Sutton

Corinth