At noon on Friday, in poplars, in Williston at my home, we heard an
unfamiliar song.We viewed a bird that would look like a palm warbler except
there was no yellow anywhere or red or brown streaks on its breast and no
wingbars.. It looked more like the body and size of a titmouse, with
offwhite belly and grayish back.But it had a wide rufous crown.In looking at
the various birdbooks, illustrations of the palm warbler vary wildly.Could
it be in nonbreeding plummage except the crown? It looked most like a
Swainson's,but that seems impossible.Any ideas?

Sally Fellows