Hello,

On May 20th from 8-10 AM Matt Kolan will hold a Point Count Workshop at the
Birds of Vermont Museum.

Matt was hired in the summer of 2005 summer to set up a point count survey
on the Important Bird Area of the Green Mountain Audubon Center and the
Birds of Vermont Museum property. Thanks to a grant we received, he will be
working on the property again this year completing another year of data
collection. There will be opportunities for volunteering on this project.

During the workshop Matt will discuss the basics of point counts including
setting up point counts and collecting the data. He will discuss his
experiences this summer, including some of the highlights. Finally, we will
travel out to one or two points on the property using a GPS, and we will
practice collecting data using the point count protocol.

This workshop is designed for anyone interested in bird research, and anyone
interested in volunteering at the either the Birds of Vermont Museum or the
Green Mountain Audubon Center with their bird monitoring projects.

Any questions, or to RSVP, please contact Erin Talmage at the Birds of
Vermont Museum, [log in to unmask]  or 434-2167.

There is no charge for this workshop.

Thanks.

Erin Talmage
Biologist