Yesterday when I was checking nest boxes I found a tree swallow huddled in the corner of one box and the bottom was covered in his feces. I lifted him out and he flew up against a house trying to hang on. A few minutes later I saw him fly away probably dehydrated and very hungry. Has anyone else experienced finding a swallow that couldn't seem to know how to get out. It was in a Peterson bluebird box.

By the way, my first  bluebirds, in five years of trying to get them to nest, have settled in and are now incubating four blue eggs and enjoying my meal worms from the Dunncraft feeder.

Lee Allabren
Dorset Farms
S. Burlington