What a difference a day makes!  Yesterday, the first day of sun, I
heard, singing for the first time for the season: bluebird, oriole,
chestnut-sided, veery, bobolink, indigo buntiing and Nashville warbler.
  They seemed as delighted with the sun as we all were.

Also:  I have had a red-wing posturing in the apple tree right outside
my kitchen window.  At first I thought he was trying to get seed out of
the feeder set for smaller birds.  But for days he ignored the feeder,
stretching his neck and pointing his bill to the sky, looking mighty
vain.  I wondered about his reflection in the window, then it dawned
and the Stokes confirmed that "bill-tilt" is edge of territory
behavior.  Luckily the two birds so far agree that the window is the
boundary of the territory,

Jean Arrowsmith
Lincoln