Among the more interesting birds sited at North Springfield Lake last
evening between 7-8:

-- 3 Veery
-- Wood Thrush
-- Black and White Warbler
-- Baltimore Oriole (though they're everywhere this year!)
-- Yellow Warbler
-- Several American Goldfinch
-- Hairy Woodpecker

And a mega-flock of 500 plus birds that I was not able to identify
positively at the time but which I now assume may have been the flock
of Short-Billed Dowitcher's seen by Don Clark et al at Herrick's Cove
earlier in the evening?  (Assuming that the flock has move on since
last seen at 4 PM at HC.  They were headed North when I saw them.)  As
I've only recently started keeping a list, the Short-Billed Dowitcher
would have been a lifer for me but I think I'll wait for a more
positive ID.

-- Cliff Seifer