Dear MEDLIB Members,
On May 11th NLM will be enhancing the navigation and visual appeal of
MedlinePlus with interactive body maps and a redesigned Health Topics
Homepage.  The Health Topics Homepage will include new visual elements
and an expanded color palate.  The interactive body maps will allow
users to identify specific body parts and link to relevant health
topics.  These exciting enhancements will be available in both English
and Spanish.

In preparation for this launch we need to make some changes to the
existing Health Topics Homepage
(http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/healthtopics.html and
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/spanish/healthtopics.html).  Later
this week we will be splitting Disorders and Conditions - Body
Location/Systems into two separate categories: Body Location/Systems and
Disorders and Conditions.  You'll also see some changes to the topic
groups that appear under Body Location/Systems.  We'll be adding Female
Reproductive System and Male Reproductive System, and we'll be renaming
some of our existing topic groups.  Old URLs will redirect to the new
topic group pages.

Thank you for your patience over the next two weeks.  Please attend our
presentations at the NLM Theater during the MLA Annual Meeting to learn
more about these and other MedlinePlus enhancements (5/21 3:30pm; 5/22
11am; 5/23 2:30pm).  We look forward to seeing you in Phoenix!

Sincerely,
The MedlinePlus Management Team

Naomi Miller
Manager, Consumer Health Information