I've been chewing on this since the announcement trying to figure out
how I feel.  From a local perspective, I'm saddened to see another local
company get bought up and shipped out to the west coast.  I have friends
there that are losing their jobs, but it sounds like jobs were offered
to most of the staff in the Burlington office - as long as they didn't
mind moving to Washington.

 From a brand perspective, what they're saying makes a lot of sense.  K2
has refined their manufacturing in China and is able to make a
consistent product.  Karhu & Line moved over there last year and it's no
secret that they've had a problem with consistency.  I'm hopeful that
the lessons that K2 has learned and applied to their skis will get
applied to Karhu's skis for this coming season.

I'm encouraged by the fact that K2 has been successful in marketing
multiple, competing brands in other arenas.  If they're able to do this
with Karhu and Line, I think the brands will stay fresh and the designs
will continue along the same lines.  Francois (their ski designer) is
staying on, as is their brand management & graphic design team (at
least, most of them.)

So, I'm saddened but the party line sounds good; only time will tell the
rest. Ask me how I feel next year.