i've actaully never really run into any inspection at eastern cups...
but i think that's due primarily to my not placing in the top 15 (and
actually everyone pretty much gets their stuff straight from the
companies at that level so it's all pretty legal). USSA i've seen
them do length disqualifications, especially at the NHARA super g. in
the spring series you get a bunch of J3s racing for points for the
first time though, and a lot of them aren't on regulation
equipment... usually coaches just turn a blind eye then in my
experience...

-ben