Jonathan S. Shefftz [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>>Sounds like a good daytrip though, all-in-all. I don't suppose you
took
>>the Nisqually Chute option? (Probably not the wisest solo move in
>>sketchy weather, but I'm sure SOMEBODY skied it last weekend.)
>- Took two Muir snowfield runs the next day, with the final run
descending
>a fairly broad face to the south of the Nisqually Chutes, since I
wasn't
>100% confident in finding the distinctive "eyebrow" rock formations
that
>I'd been scouting out from the base as the entrance to the most
promising
>chutes.

I always find the entrance by altimeter (~8200', give or take), just
hang along the SW edge of the Muir- it's pretty obvious which slot to
take when you hit that altitude, even in the fog/rain/whaddevah. Those
who ski there a lot can get their bearings off of the adjacent Moon
Rocks even in low visibility to find it (but not me.)

Sounds like you probably skied the Pebble Creek drainage which opens up
turning to the south around 7500'. If you stay on it it drops to the
Nisqually glacier below Pan-point- just be sure not to ski in to a
sinkhole at the falls in the fog (where they found that long-missing
snowboarder a few years back.) IIRC it hits ~35-40 degrees for awhile in
there- a fun ski to be sure!

dana
_____________ ________ __