John Atkinson [[log in to unmask]] writes:

> Man, it was hard not to let this news go two weeks ago when I found
out.

>Check here for the answer, www.earnyourturns.com. Much more news and
>commentary to come from this announcement. Unfortunately it's more bad
news >for  the Burlington ski industry, although it is mostly likely
good for
>skiers in general.

A curious turn of events! I'm not convinced that this consolidation is
"likely good for skiers in general", but I'm willing to wait & see what
comes of it. It's not as if K2's management has been monotonically good
for skiers in general over the past 4 decades, but I still have a number
of K2s in the quiver, including Chinese K2s.

Some additional details can be found here:

http://www.telemarktips.com/TeleNews66.html

Apparently they're just buying the Karhu & Line brands, and taking some
of the design talent, not the entire company, but it sounds like most of
the non-design-team employees in Burlington will be going on
unemployment :-(, while the rest now become employees of K2.

Anybody know off hand what's left of Trak Sports now that Line and Karhu
have been sold down the river? (And wither Olin?  Hopefully Karhu won't
suffer a similar fate...)

dana
_____________ ________ __