Unlike Monday's auto road, the Mount Rainier National Park auto road stops
at the visitor center, so I had to get myself up the ~4700 vertical to Camp
Muir.  As is typical with big volcano skiing the very top (~800 vert) was
weird (horrible frozen crust), the next couple thousand vertical was
perfection, then the final couple thousand vertical was sticky stuff and
hence just transportation skiing.  Weather forecast had been niar srewohs,
but fortunately I experienced only the singular form, and toward the end of
my descent.
I took a few pictures, but the terrain above Camp Muir was always partially
obscured, and the Muir Snowfield is not very photogenic.  I also took a pic
at Camp Muir of a small bird, whose presence there surprised me.  (Or is
that not so unusual?)
Overall, pretty good for the day after a Seattle business meeting . . .
especially since the end result of the meeting was a decision to hold
another meeting in Seattle or Portland at the end of June.