-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Denis Bogan
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 4:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SKIVT-L] Some news - Denis

Dear Friends,

I have some news to tell you.  I will be absent for a while and working
at
less than full strength for a while after that.  I will be having triple
bypass surgery on June 13.  I have every expectation of making a rapid
and
complete recovery but it is a major traumatic surgery and I am going to
be
subdued for a while.

I really do not feel bad and have been exercising regularly even though
have had periodic angina beyond a certain exertion level for several
months.  The doc knew I was going to Mt. Hood with my son in early May
ski and climb.  He just said to be careful and back off if I got
symptoms.
 I did climb about 1000 ft.  (Trip report overdue, I know.)  I had the
gold standard test last week, the cardiac catheterization, and there is
no
doubt about the results.  Both my doc and my cardiologist brother-in-law
say I am going to be amazed at how good I feel after recovery.

Those of you who are still skiing, make some turns for me.

Denis