-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of telenaut
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 12:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] end of the second

All the runs were fun, but the first was the best.

Melky on at first on a FC. Giambi at the plate. Beckett throws a wild
pitch.
Cabrera breaks for 2nd and Varitek's throw is off line. Melky heads for
3rd,
then--holy this--they're waving him home. THEY'RE WAVING HIM HOME!!!
Varitek's covering 3rd because of the overshift on Giambi. No one's
covering
home. It's Melky and Varitek in a foot race down the 3rd base line, a
race
that the suited up catcher has no way of winning. He makes a desperate
stab
just at catching the ball--not that he had much chance of making the tag
even if he did manage to get it in his mitt. But the ball eludes him.
Cabrera scores from 1st on a WP and a 2-base E2.

That, M1, was unlike any play I've ever seen before and a fine example
of
why 55000 people will cheer themselves hoarse for grown men hitting a
little
ball around and not for the Mormon Tabernacle Boys Choir.

BTW, speaking of cheering, I gotta say I was impressed by the cojones on
some of the Sox fans in attendance. Especially those on a pretty young
miss
with a B on her cap and the M-F- word spilling regularly and loudly from
her
mouth as she explained her inner feelings about the home team and its
fans.

Fun night.

--Dan