Yeah, I actually had high hopes for 'em.  I gave it a good try, too.  But .....it's an extra strap system that can get in the way, they are awkward to carry along with a backpack, they're not as easy to fill up as a wide mouth bottle, when ya' take them off it's easy to get careless and put them on the ground which means that the mouthpiece can drop onto the ground which is especially nasty if you are around an outhouse, often when I carry 2 water bottles I like to have one with just water and the other with powdered stuff (Gatorade, Cytomax, whatever or even tea), ya' gotta' clean the tube every now and then, ya' gotta' worry about the tube freezing up.  There's a few more reasons, but I forgot.  They're just not for me.

Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Mark wrote:
>I do not want a built-in hydration system - sorry, but I've tried
>Camelbaks and I do not like those for a number of reasons. Best
>hydration system for me: 2 wide mouth quart bottles.

I'm curious as to what your dislikes are, as several friends swear by
their CBs et al.

-marc

Mark P. Renson