On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:11:31 -0700, Mark P. Renson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Yeah, I actually had high hopes for 'em.  I gave it a good try, too.
But .....it's an extra strap system that can get in the way, they are
awkward to carry along with a backpack, they're not as easy to fill up as
a wide mouth bottle, when ya' take them off it's easy to get careless and
put them on the ground which means that the mouthpiece can drop onto the
ground which is especially nasty if you are around an outhouse, often when
I carry 2 water bottles I like to have one with just water and the other
with powdered stuff (Gatorade, Cytomax, whatever or even tea), ya' gotta'
clean the tube every now and then, ya' gotta' worry about the tube
freezing up.  There's a few more reasons, but I forgot.  They're just not
for me.

FYI, and appropos of nothing, Cytomax is now available in ready-to-drink
(aka non-powdered) form.  I highly recommend giving it a try, along with
their Muscle Milk product, also now in RTD form.  Good stuff to get you
going, keep you going, and recover faster after you're done.