On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:22:34 -0400, Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Study to be a dietician, then look at Gookinaid's ingredients.
>
>First ingredient: glucose.  Glucose is your brain's and other vital
>organ's food.  At a certain level of exertion, your muscles start to
>burn glucose instead of fat, stealing it from the organs that need it
>most.  After that come the electrolytes.
>
>Gookinaid has what you need and not much else.  It's goal is to
>provide the essentials as quickly and easily as possible.
>
>--Matt K.

Dietician?  Is that like an optician?  I'll take a former college track
runner, PhD, and professor (Level IX) of Integrative Biology at Cal
Berkeley over your dietician(s).  So would the paper of record:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/16/health/nutrition/16run.html?
ex=1305432000&en=4ef1ab13baaa61a7&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss

Here's a more detailed look at the same subject:

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2006/04/19_lactate.shtml