>So the use of estimates is NOT necessarily a crock.

True.  I clearly can't comment on how effectively any resort mans their
scanning posts on a daily basis, but my experiences at Sneaux and K last
year implied they did a pretty thorough job of capturing tickets at
those access lifts through-out the day (I know an estimation). The
technology is not infallible, but it is a amazingly accurate when used.

I am surprised in this age of sarbanes oxley that the controls around
the revenue system have not been required to be upgraded to ensure
everyone is counted/charged.  In reality though I guess there does not
need to be a correlation between the tickets sold (revenue) and skier
days, beyond a baseline of day tickets sales equaling skiers on any
given day.