=======================================
said looking around:
the  meatgrinder, he thought coldly and clearly. We can get past
everything
     "I don't need that for courage, Mr. Schuhart.  I'd rather have
coffee,
back to back for warmth in a tortured half-sleep on top of the hill,
waiting
     "You pour. Just a little for pops, just cover the bottom."
he had  caught something from  Buzzard, not some disgusting  disease,
but on     Yes, he would have made a good stalker. What the hell, do I
feel  sorry
later told him  that "that redhead" at first didn't  seem to understand
what
his rear end and  at the dirt. He could barely hear the muffled moans
coming
Air  Force  insignia was very clear on the flattened  metal. Redrick had
not     "Guta!" he  shouted. "Are you going  to  starve  us much
longer? She's
got up  on his feet, picked up Arthur by the armpits, and dragged him to
the
such a fantastic-looking woman could actually be a plastic fake, a
dummy. It
     Redrick slipped his hand up under the backpack to  lift  it so that
the
sorry that he had not taken his sunglasses.
his wits, or maybe, he had been baked more strongly than Redrick--anyway
 he
agreed to something like this. Well,  maybe it will  turn  out all
right, he     Arthur seemed to have perked up and was  walking full
speed. He had one
with horror
I never  gave it a second thought. I Pulled him out like he was my flesh
and     Arthur  propped himself up, stuck his arm under  the truck,  and
pulled
     "That's it, brother! jail will never see me again. If you only knew
how
was nothing else visible in the yellow fog.
     He set up the glasses, quickly opened the bottle, and turned to
Noonan.
place left.
it won't harm her. They even say that they generate good health."his
rear end and  at the dirt. He could barely hear the muffled moans
coming
car--the driver had made a run for it when he saw what was happening.
rock. That was the only landmark. They had to head for it, depending on
dumb
     He did not want to explain  or  to lie, and there was no need. He
wouldblocks.  Then he returned and bashed  in  all  the windows on the
institute
They probably would  have  gotten the old man away, because it looked as
 if
     "I asked, do you mind if I smoke, Mr. Schuhart?"
footprints, and  he  threw himself  down  on the ground, shouting:  "Hit
the
     Arthur  stopped  at  the steep descent into  the quarry,  froze in
his
     "Stop!" he shouted. "Keep right! To the right of the rock!"
really  taken  a beating. The top buckles  had melted  and the  vials in
thehere. But looking closer, Redrick noted a dark gray spot between the
two dry
purple lights were fluttering
all evoked self-pity or hatred. He tried to fight the  chaos, to summon
fromfrom here, lies Poodle. In the same condition. Do you understand?
Forward."
     "You pour. Just a little for pops, just cover the bottom."
from beneath him and his own hoarse shouts:
Redrick opened the pack and started  picking out  the  slivers of glass
and
look  at  it,  after  all?" And I looked into his eyes,  and they were
like
absolutely useless to rely on himself. And now this hope--no longer a
hope,     All  the  reference   points   corresponded,   but   Redrick
felt   no
footprints, and  he  threw himself  down  on the ground, shouting:  "Hit
the
into his eyes, and Redrick shouted  belatedly to  Arthur: "Don't move!
Bear
listened, and when Monkey stopped crying and went back to sleep, he
waited athe  joints; it seemed to him, through the hot haze that  was
enveloping his
except the grinder.
     Redrick waited silently. Arthur looked at  him hopelessly, nodded,
and
clearly as if they were in the palm of his hand. Right in front, two
hundred
question."
     Redrick watched him over the rim of the cup and thought how unlike
each
reached inside his jacket.tearing  inside,  like a dried  bandage
pulling  from  a wound. Arthur also
under a bad one, you're not happy under a good one. It's people like you
who
from the embankment. The pebbles rained after him noisilyhis memory told
him.