  -----Original Message-----
  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Lyndon Town Clerk
  Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:33 AM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Fire Dept/Ambulance Squad Funds

  At the VMCTA Treasurer's Day seminar on June 15th, we were told that in
order to be GASB compliant, the funds of non-incorporated fire depts. and
rescue squads needed to be under the control of the town treasurer.  Does
anyone have any documentation/information on this issue that can be brought
before a selectboard to get them to understand the seriousness of this?
  Lisa Barrett
  Town of Lyndon