  -----Original Message-----
  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Ulla Cook
  Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:55 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]

  Here is a good one for everyone.  We had a lady come into the office
today.  She was told by the motor vehicle department she could not get a
vermont drivers license until she could prove she lived here. They told her
to go to the town clerks office and  get a letter from the clerk stating she
is a resident of Ludlow.   I do not know this lady, she is not on the voter
check list and will not be approved on the statewide list until she has her
vermont drivers license.  She was allowed, however, to register her car in
Vermont!!  Does this make sense to anyone??   How does one go about
changing their residency when you can't do the first step (getting your
drivers license)??  I guess you just have to wait until all your bills come
to your vermont address and you can show them to DMV.  I'm still shaking my
head on this one.  Ulla