From: Vermont Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of BUTLER,
Bridget
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VTBIRD] BEEKS - The birding geek's radio delight!

Greetings All!

Wanted to announce my new radio show in the Mad River Valley with WMRW 95.1
FM! The show is called BEEKS which is a word my husband made up to label my
feathered obsession..."you've become a bird-geek, a Beek". I wear that label
with pride and it's now become the name of the show.

WMRW is a very low wattage station, so those of you outside the Mad River
Valley will probably not be able to get it. However, I'm working on getting
the show podcast and will let you all know when those become available
on-line. You can find information about the radio station at www.wmrw.org
which includes a broadcast coverage map and other info on how to get tuned
in.

Tomorrow will be my second show and I'll have Pat Folsom with me from the
Mad Birders and it'll also be the first time I feature a "kid-friendly"
segment. Show goes from 7 am to 8:30 am. You're welcome and encouraged to
call in (I need the practice with the phone line equipment!) at 583-2951 or
you can email in questions/comments/bird stories at [log in to unmask]

A BIG thanks to my sister Amy, who has a show on WGDR for encouraging me AND
to Carol Groom who also has a show at WMRW called Crossroads which covers
environmental and farming issues. She's got a great webpage where you can
get her shows as podcasts at:
http://web.mac.com/groomj/iWeb/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html

Thanks & my best to all fellow BEEKS!

Bridget
Bridget Butler
Conservation Education Coordinator
Audubon Vermont
255 Sherman Hollow Road
Huntington, VT 05462
802-434-3068
802-434-4686
www.vt.audubon.org

If you keep a green bough in your heart, the singing bird will come.   ~A
Chinese Adage